Kim Engelke - Founder
With this facility, she strives to implement the most effective, efficient ways to improve the skin and body not only for the time you are on her table or in her class but also when you get home. Her philosophy is that the body is an intricate system and a visit to the The Workshop, regardless of service, is merely one step on a bigger journey toward health. Each of her licenses and certifications are a carefully planned, conscious step in increasing her knowledge of the skin and body as a whole. This philosophy is transferred into highly skilled, detail-oriented, passionate desire to help others through her practice.
Whether your concerns are acne, injury or just prepping for your next big event, she will not only help but explain the reasons behind the steps and products you need to get there so that you can continue to make more informed decisions for yourself long after your appointment.
This respect and care for each client individually is why clients continue to come back and why Kim keeps practicing!
Her hobbies include Pilates, Crossfit and playing with her dog, Boo.
- Licensed Master Esthetician – Washington State #99016
- Certified Acne Specialist – Face Reality Acne Clinic
- Licensed Medical Massage Practitioner – Washington State #MA60432921
- Certified Cupping Therapist
- Certified Medical Massage Therapist
- Certified Pilates Instructor – Pilates Method Alliance #12831
- Crossfit Level 1 Trainer
- USAW Sports Performance Coach
Katie Kahumoku - Founder
She has built her career on the belief that Pilates and hard work can at the very least reduce, and most of the time eliminate pain. The personal connection she has with clients is very important to her and customer service is a top priority in the studio. She has worked in several studios, and opened Pilates in the Village in early 2006. She always tries make time to give back in some way, usually teaching at least one hour a week to someone in need, but without a budget for Pilates. The hope is to offer more of that as her team gets stronger can take on more.
She credits many of her instructors for all that they have taught her. She had the opportunity to learn from Romana Krysonowska for several years and did her final testing with her. Romana’s passion for Joe’s work was an inspiration to always try her best to help a client. However, it is with working and learning from Lori Coleman-Brown that Katie credits as her biggest influence.
Education is very important to Katie, whether it is something big or small a client may teach her, taking lessons, continuing education workshops or work groups at Atlas. She is looking forward to having the opportunity to work with Lori as a Teacher Trainer at Atlas Pilates in Seattle and hopefully traveling to teach as well.
Katie is a dedicated mom to three boys and a dog, a wife, a full-time instructor and studio co-owner. Her life is very full and never boring! Without the help from the team at PITV and a supportive husband and family, it wouldn’t get done, so she is very thankful for the 12 wonderful years of owning and operating Pilates in the Village in Edmonds.
In 2014 Katie and Kim Engelke connected through Pilates. With similar goals and Kim’s business mind, the two decided to team up and open The Workshop in 2016.
- Certified Classical Pilates Instructor (Romana)
- Pilates Teacher Trainer (Atlas Pilates)
Hanni Reeb - Pilates
Then, in 1998 Hanni started Pilates when a friend needed a practice client for her apprenticeship program at P.S.I. She was very eager to try out a system that promised a whole new body after 30 sessions. She worked out thrice weekly and was amazed at the transformation. She was thrilled to have found a program that embodied everything that she felt was important in exercise, and that actually kept her attention all through out.
Ever since, she has become almost evangelical about Pilates. Her hiking, swimming, triathlon training (and even Parallel parking—ask about that one!) have all benefited from it. Over the years several people have approached her, thanking her for recommending such a program.
Happy that she has influenced these people to do something that produced such positive results, she decided to become certified to be directly involved with people’s transformational results.
You will instantly become aware of her enthusiasm and commitment to the Pilates practice as soon as you sign up for a session with her. In her teaching, she draws from her many interests and life experiences around the world, in her former career in international marketing, as well as being a mom and school volunteer. Hanni uses a lot of visuals and descriptive language to help you understand your goals in executing each move. She has an uninhibited style of using her voice to get you to into the rhythm of an exercise as well. You will progress in your Pilates practice, knowing that you have a teacher that respects the work so immensely that she is constantly in movement workshops, honing her craft and will continue to do so for many years to come.
- Certified Classical Pilates Instructor (Romana)
Sharon Hummel-Kramer - Pilates
Sharon is a passionate equestrian. She owns two horses named Capote and Saboteur. Sharon competes in regional dressage shows. Prior to Pilates, Sharon felt she was strong from years of bodybuilding, triathlons, and commuting to work on her bicycle. However, after a long break from riding, when she returned to classical dressage, there was an event when her horse spooked and Sharon pulled a muscle. There were more events like this where something small happened and Sharon sustained a muscle injury. These events sent her to Sports Medicine Physical Therapy. It was there that her physical therapist told her, “I can keep fixing you or you can just do Pilates.” Sharon immediately began Pilates. Her physical therapist was correct, the injuries stopped. Through Pilates, Sharon learned that in order to be strong, muscles must also be supple. Pilates changed Sharon’s definition of strength. Pilates also changed Sharon’s riding making her a more balanced rider. Her horses thank her.
All bodies benefit from the Pilates principles, which include control, concentration, centering, breathing, precision, flow and rhythm. These principles benefit will benefit everyone as they apply Pilates to their daily activities. Whether an equestrian, a cyclist, a skier, a gardener, a cook, a programmer, or a dog walker these principles apply. Pilates helps all bodies to move. And, Pilates is fun.
Come have fun at The Workshop. Sharon looks forward to meeting and working with you.
- Certified Classical Pilates Instructor
Shawna Butterworth - Pilates
After high school Shawna obtained a degree in Engineering Design Technology from a local college, and rolled into a career as a Mechanical Designer for 15 years. While she got to let her creative side flourish in the designing process, sitting long hours in front of the computer everyday took a toll on her body. A few years into her technical career she went looking for an activity to keep her body functioning in a better way. When she heard about a Pilates studio opening in her neighborhood in 2006, she knew she had to give classical Pilates a try. It was Katie’s studio, Pilates in the Village. She was immediately hooked, and even started looking into training to be a Pilates teacher at that time, but the time commitment was too great. She was in the middle of a steady career path, which did not leave room for a rigorous apprenticeship. Nevertheless, she continued taking lessons from Katie through 2012 for balancing her own body using the Pilates method and deepening her knowledge of the work.
Mid 2016 Shawna found herself looking for a better work/life balance and took a break from her role as a Senior Mechanical Designer. While exploring her possibilities she happily slipped back into the world of Pilates and began the preparations necessary to apply for a Pilates teacher training program. Shawna was accepted into an apprenticeship program under the direction of Lori Coleman-Brown that began in September of 2017. As part of her training she has been assisting and observing a couple days each week at The Workshop under Katie’s guidance. She is expected to complete the program in the latter half of 2018 and is looking forward to helping people feel better and achieve their goals by bringing balance, control, alignment and flow to their workouts and lives through Pilates.
- Classical Pilates Apprentice
Michele Curtis - Massage
Michele strives to connect and tune into the needs of each of her clients, providing them with the appropriate healing therapy. Her sessions can include; Hot Stone, Cupping, Warm Bamboo, Gua Sha, Aromatherapy and Hydrotherapy. Her specialized bodywork provides recovery from stress and or trauma which allows freedom from the physical and mental stresses that negatively impact our lives. Michele’s combination of treatment massage Is an excellent way for returning the body and mind back to a balanced state of health and well being leading for complete rejuvenation.
Michele has worked in a variety of settings including an Acupuncture Clinic, Health Club, Pilates Studio and Spa. She is experienced in working with athletes, dancers, and those simply wishing to tune into their own bodies.
She also practices Yoga, Dance, Weight Training, and loves to get out and hike with her dogs in the Northwest.
Please feel free to contact Michele directly for more information, consultation or questions. 206-437-6701
A sample video for the GYROTONIC® method of exercise is as follows:
A sample video for the GYROKINESIS® method of exercise is as follows:
GYROKINESIS® and GYROTONIC® is a registered trademark of GYROTONIC® Sales Corp and is used with their permission.
Heidi Merkel - Massage
Bio coming soon!
- Licensed Massage Therapist
Manolo LoGerfo - Massage
Manolo LoGerfo is a Colomumbian native. In 1992 he became a Nurses Aid, and in 1995 he developed a Vegan sandwich which was sold in many sores. He has been a Massage Therapist for over a decade.
Massage is one fo the most popular complementary and alternative medical therapies. If you are stressed our have high blood pressure, relaxation is the type of massage for you.
- Hydrotherapy is for those with sprained and strained muscles. This method uses heat and cold variations.
- Swedish Massage covers the whole body, and rids you of toxins, leaving you with a sense of wellbeing.
- Shiatsu Massage works with chakras, and earthly elements to balance you.
- Deep Tissue Massage focuses on loosening knots in your muscles, increases range of motion, and enhances your circulation.
- Reflexology is a way of working on limbs to increase relaxation and to create sensory awareness. This is good for people who have trouble relaxing.
- Sports Massage works on sports related injuries and improves your range of motion.
- Mindful Massage has helped many types of clients recovering from surgery, car accidents, and on the job injuries.
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- “Manolo Logerfo is a massage therapist that I have utilized for a number of years. Mr. Logerfo has provided excellent care to my patients as they recover from motor vehicle accidents and/or work-related injuries. To my knowledge, Mr. Logerfo has always been extremely professional and understanding in the needs of the patient. He has contributed significantly to their ability to return to gainful employment and a more active lifestyle.” – Thomas Seih, M.D.
- “After damaging a disk in my lower back two years ago and undergoing traditional treatment with no change, I sought out Mr. Logerfo’s profession utilizing deep tissue massage to treat sciatic pain and numbness. Initial results were immediate beginning the road to true recovery. The stiffness began to loosen and I was soon able to do simple things I previously had difficulty performing, like lifting my left leg to put on my trousers, socks, etc. Numbness that was felt in both arms began to dissipate. On several occasions I had congestion in my sinuses and Mr. Logerfo treated my jaw and sinus areas bringing near instant relief enabling me to breath clearly through my nose by the time my session was complete. I have had to miss treatments for several weeks at a time due to my work schedule, during which time the results of my treatments were ongoing. I continue to enjoy relief from a very debilitating situation. Mr. Logerfo always exhibits a wonderful sense of humor and keen insight into practical areas of life, adding a lot to my treatment sessions. I told him on one occasion that I always leave with more than I came for. I would recommend his treatment to anyone suffering from chronic and ongoing issues. His treatment has truly been a game changer for me.” – Steve Audette
- “Mo was hired as a caregiver for my father, Gerhart Kring. We have used his services on several occasions. Presently, Mo has been part of the care giving staff for the past six months and provides care and companionship to both my parents.
I know Mo to be a prompt, dependable, honest, caring person who has a good outlook on life. His skills having patients and family communicate with him are excellent. Mo goes the extra mile to learn about caring and treating medical issues that need ongoing treatment. He follows doctor and nurses instructions and procedures are completed consistently as instructed.
My dad is very fond of Mo and always feels comfortable when it’s Mo’s days to be with them. Mo is one of the most caring people I know and we feel fortunate to employ him.” – Joyce Buffum
Dr. Job Asad DC, BSc - Chiropractor
I knew early on I wanted to help others. I worked with my father from the age of 6, he was a gas station clerk at the time. I was giving people directions, treats and fuel! I still help others, just with my hands. What drew me into chiropractic was the concept that health starts from within, not from anything supplemental. With that in mind, the potential in balancing the nervous system’s function and the body’s capability to heal itself is, really, limitless. And to be able to provide that potential almost instantaneously…not many modes of healthcare can provide positive results as quickly as we can with chiropractic care.
- To make an appointment with Dr. Asad please contact him directly by calling (425) 243-7432 or by visiting his website at www.fhschiro.com